SCTE CABLE-TEC EXPO® 2021
October 11-14, 2021
October 11-14, 2021
Agile Innovation in Action
Agile innovation, which defines a flexible and futureproof technology roadmap, has never been more important to cable operators, which face an unprecedented number of technology and architectural decision points. ATX will be showcasing its Agile Innovation credentials and how it’s helping MSOs of all sizes combat regrettable spend at next-month’s all-virtual SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.
ATX’s 2021 Cable-Tec Expo experience will feature solutions designed to enable cable operators to evolve their HFC networks in lockstep with customer demand, while avoiding technology choices with short lifespans or unnecessary operational costs. Just because the annual event will once again be all-virtual this year, doesn’t mean attendees will miss the chance to kick the tires of the industry’s most agile and innovative products. ATX will spotlight solutions from its media distribution and access network portfolios, including the GigaWave™ Long-Reach Digital Optical Transport solution and ATX’s next-gen outside plant portfolio, featuring GigaXtend™ 2GHz Taps & Passives and 1.2GHz GainMaker©-compatible amplifiers.
On the Wednesday of the show, beginning at 1 PM EDT, ATX President & CEO Dan Whalen and CTO Jay Lee, along with Cox Communications Sr. Engineer Tee Harton, will present Navigating the DOCSIS 4.0 Journey, which will illustrate how MSOs, suppliers and component makers are working to make the move to 1.8GHz as painless as possible.
You can request a virtual meeting using the form to the right, and make sure to drop by our virtual booth hosted on the SCTE 2021 Tech-Expo site for timely product and thought-leadership collateral.
ATX in the Spotlight
Navigating the DOCSIS 4.0 Journey
Speakers: Dan Whalen, President & CEO, ATX Networks | Jay Lee, CTO , ATX Networks | Tee Harton, Sr. Director OSP Engineering, Cox Communications
When: October 13 1-1:30 PM EDT
On the Wednesday of the show, beginning at 1 PM EDT, ATX President & CEO Dan Whalen and CTO Jay Lee, along with Cox Communications Sr. Director of OSP Engineering Tee Harton, will present Navigating the DOCSIS 4.0 Journey, which will illustrate how MSOs, suppliers and component makers are working to make the move to 1.8GHz as painless as possible.
Agile Innovation Showcase
Same Endgame. Better Game Plan.
ATX designed its next-gen access network and media distribution solutions to enable cable operators to evolve their HFC networks in lockstep with customer demand, while avoiding technology choices with short lifespans or unnecessary operational costs. Protect Your Network Against Regrettable Spend
Think Big. Go Long.
Introducing the 2050 Project
Fiber is the future. But replacing millions of miles of coax will take decades – and cost billions. ATX can help you navigate the next 30 years of your HFC-to-FTTH migration without falling behind competitively and without fear of regrettable spend.
Maximize Your HFC Investment for the Long Run
You Should be Too
If your future plans include a move to the FDD version of DOCSIS® 4.0, there’s no time like the present to get started on updating your outside plant to taps and passives capable of supporting 1.8GHz and higher. And we’ve got the data to prove it.
Get Passive-Aggressive with GigaXtend™ XS Taps & Passives today
Visium = Versatility + Agility
The Visium™ MD Media Gateways and Set-Back Boxes are the winning formula for upping in-room video experiences and helping commercial video service providers capitalize on the post-COVID recovery.
Get your hands on the hottest thing going in hospitality
End-to-End Outside Plant Innovation
ATX’s GigaXtend™ family of next-generation actives and passives is the industry’s only portfolio of amps and hardline passives designed to enable cable operators to cost-effectively evolve their networks to support higher frequency ranges, starting at 1.8GHz.
Start evolving your outside plant today
Amp Things Up
Cable operators across the planet are turning to the industry’s only authorized GainMaker©-compatible 1.2GHz HFC amplifiers for the friction-free expansion of their outside plants.
GigaXtend™ GMC 1.2GHz Amplifiers. Accept no substitutes.
Strike a blow for Broadband Parity
Shrink the Digital Divide and extend your broadband services to rural communities more cost-effectively than ever thought possible with ATX’s Long-Reach Digital Optical Transport Solution.
Get GigaWave™ DLX & DLA-HUB to reach the Digital Have-Nots
Join the ATX Team
We are currently recruiting for two (2) RF Engineers to join our amazing team in Atlanta (Duluth), Georgia. ATX Networks offers an outstanding work environment and a competitive compensation package which includes a signing bonus!
Reporting to the Sr Director of Engineering, HFC, the RF Engineer will work with the ATX Product Development teams to develop and implement detailed designs for the HFC Outside Plant RF Amplifiers and Nodes as ATX expands its product portfolio in the HFC space. The role will be located with the Atlanta based RF development team and work with other ATX personnel in Whitby, Ontario.
We seek talented, enthusiastic, innovative and flexible individuals, who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career. We host a positive, modern, casual environment.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Detailed broadband hardware engineering design and analysis as required working with the HFC product development team.
- Research, develop and evaluate design concepts including components and specifications for use in the product design and development.
- Utilize circuit simulation software tools for circuit simulation and analysis of designs.
- Work in close cooperation with the hardware engineering design team and product management team on cost effective, manufacturable solutions for the next generation of amplifier and node product platforms.
- Work with outside suppliers to identify components able to meet the custom and off the shelf design requirements of the product requirements.
- Perform or facilitate testing of the product / system as required to validate the designs and generate data sets for use in internal reviews and follow our ATX development process and documentation requirements during the new product development programs as required.
- Provide schedule estimate inputs as needed for project planning and participate in ongoing program update activities providing as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- At least 3+ years of hardware circuit design and development experience in both the digital and analog design areas. Broadband RF design background preferred.
- Background in schematic capture tools – Mentor, Cadence, Altium or similar.
- Strong preference for a background in broadband product development for the Cable HFC Industry.
- Background in optimization for low cost design targets meeting product requirements.
- Solid background developing technical specifications and associated modeling to meet market requirements.
- Background in delivering quality designs to market in a timely fashion, with a high degree of quality and longevity.
- Good documentation and communication skills for both internal and external facing communications.
- Pending future relief from the COVID-19 travel restrictions, this position may require some travel within North America & International.