GigaXtend GMC 1.8GHz Line Extender
The ATX GigaXtend™ GMC 1.8GHz Line Extender HFC amplifier is designed to assist cable operators in evolving their HFC networks to meet subscriber demand, while fully leveraging previous outside plant investments. GigaXtend GMC 1.8GHz amplifiers’ modular design allows MSOs to upgrade their outside plant through module upgrades or entire station replacements. Cable operators can upgrade 1GHz or 1.2GHz GainMaker/GigaXtend housings to support 1.8GHz through a simple drop-in upgrade.
In compliance with the SCTE 279 2022 specifications, ATX has fortified GigaXtend GMC 1.8GHz amps with new maintenance and control intelligence. Auto-alignment and all-electronic level and slope control reduce the learning curve for technicians, significantly streamlining installation and maintenance operations. Technicians can configure and tune amps using an IOS or Android device through a Bluetooth connection. An optional transponder is available for cable operators desiring additional monitoring or remote-control capabilities.
- Trouble-Free Installation and Maintenance: ATX has fortified GigaXtend GMC 1.8GHz amps with new maintenance and control intelligence. Auto-alignment and all-electronic level and slope control reduce the learning curve for technicians, significantly streamlining installation and maintenance operations. Technicians can configure and tune amps using an IOS or Android device through a Bluetooth connection. An optional transponder is available for cable operators desiring additional monitoring or remote-control capabilities.
- Inventory Reduction: By eliminating plug-in pads and equalizers in favor of a software-based configuration, GigaXtend GMC 1.8GHz amps support automatic alignment and set-up through pre-sets and configuration files controlled through a local craft interface. In addition to reducing installation time and human error, moving to software-based installation will help technicians trim required inventory levels by potentially dozens of devices.
- In-Field Upgrades: Designed to minimize service disruptions, GigaXtend 1.8GHz amps simplify and speed upgrade procedures, such as adjustments to upstream spectrum allocation. In addition to reducing customer disruptions, the improved upgrade process eliminates the need for technicians to execute bench upgrades, which can increase the amount of time, complexity and resources required to upgrade critical equipment.
- Investment Protection:In addition to backward compatibility with the GainMaker installed base, GigaXtend GMC 1.8GHz amplifiers provide a seamless upgrade path from ATX’s GigaXtend 1.2GHz family of amplifiers. A seamless segue from 1.2GHz to 1.8GHz ensures that cable operators purchasing GigaXtend 1.2GHz amps today will have a regret-free path to DOCSIS 4.0 and 10G in the future.
- Intuitive GUI application drop-in upgrade path for existing GigaXtend 1.2GHz amps and GainMaker installed base
- Based on original GainMaker technology licensed from Cisco in 2020
- Conforms to SCTE 279 1.8GHz amplifier specifications
- Auto-alignment and all-electronic level and slope control
- Craft USB port with WiFi/Bluetooth option
- Real-time in-service frequency-split upgrades
- Spectrum capture for level setting, ALSC multi-frequency selection and troubleshooting
- Optional transponder available for remote monitoring and control
- High-performance GaN gain stage technology
- Amplifier cover that provides access to RF test points
- Power supply mounted in housing lid for efficient thermal dissipation (60- and 90-VAC powering capability)
- 15A current capacity (steady state) and 25A surge survivability
- Surge-resistant circuitry that helps ensure gain stage protection without fuses or other failure-causing devices
- Spring-loaded seizure assemblies allow coaxial connectors to be installed or removed without removing amplifier RF module
- Supports spectrum frequencies of 1.8GHz downstream and up to 684MHz upstream
Solution: Distributed Access Architecture (DAA)
ATX designed the Gigawave Digital Link Extender (DLX), a next-generation digital optics platform, to enable cable operators to gracefully transition to a distributed architecture. A highly efficient and integrated solution, Gigawave DLX enables MSOs to dramatically expand the capacity of access links, migrate to a Remote-PHY/MAC architecture, push RF generation deep into the network and replace expensive hubs.