MD16: Headend in a Box
ATX’s MD16 is an ultra-compact “headend in a box” for the secure delivery of cable, satellite, and IPTV content to MDUs, headend in the sky (HITS), and hospitality video clients. Offering the performance, functionality, and broadcast-approved security features of a traditional multi-rack headend within a compact 5-RU form factor, the high-density MD16 decodes, decrypts, re-encrypts, and rebroadcasts content in IP, QAM, or analog NTSC output, while providing end-to-end content protection from uplink to the TV. Scaling from a few channels to 96 transponders of video content, the MD16 platform offers the highest density available on the market, the lowest cost per HD channel, and an unmatched feature set.
- High Density – Up to 96 transponders of video content in an ultra-compact form factor.
- Low Cost of Ownership – Full headend functionality in a single low-cost unit that consumes 25% less power than comparably equipped systems.
- Security – Output can be scrambled using DRM- or CASbased encryption, with formats such as LG PRO:IDIOM®, Samsung LYNK®, and Verimatrix VCAS™ supported. Content is scrambled until displayed by the TV.
- Ease of Use – Front-facing connectors, top-accessible fans, and front-panel Ethernet connectivity make installation and maintenance quick and easy, while a built-in 96-channel stacking switch (CSS) simplifies connection to satellite dishes. Easy-to-read LEDs provide immediate notification of issues with the unit, while a built-in, intuitive web interface provides the convenience of remote management.
- Reliability – Redundant power supplies implement load sharing to reduce wear and ensure continued operation, while the wandering-master architecture of the unit’s hot-swappable modular cards allows quick switch over in the event of a failure. An internal multi-Gb Ethernet switching fabric enables nonblocking, seamless packet transfers between cards.
- Flexibility – Create digital and analog cable TV and IPTV signals to supply to different clients at the same time.
- Compact 5-RU form factor
- End-to-end content protection from uplink to the TV
- 12 slots for multiple satellite, QAM, ATSC, DBV-T/T2 or ISDB-T input cards
- Each card features eight tuners to either descramble one TV service or pass through a complete transponder or carrier
- Optional transcoder module for format conversions of eight streams per blade
- Four slots for QAM and NTSC output cards
- The QAM output card is available with 16, 48 or 96 channels (72, 144 or 288 services)
- The NTSC output card provides 24 RF analog channels
- DVB-T and ISDB-T output card now available
- Output is free-to-air or scrambled using either DRM or CAS-based encryption
- Supports multiple encryption formats, including LG PRO:IDIOM®, Samsung LYNK®, and Verimatrix VCAS™
- Fully secure platform
- Front-facing connectors and top-accessible fans
- Built-in 96-channel stacking switch (CSS)
- Remote management via a built-in, intuitive web interface
- Redundant power supplies
- Hot-swappable modular cards with a wandering-master architecture
- Internal multi-Gb Ethernet switching fabric
- Low power consumption