The DSA-EDFA family of optical amplifiers is optimized for extending the reach of DWDM for multi-wavelength systems to over 100 km. The low noise figure ensures meeting the most stringent Carrier-to-Noise Ratio (CNR) requirements that are encountered in RF video signal delivery. Unparalleled distance and performance is achieved when combined with the Chromadigm chirp-free high OMI transmitters to reach outlying serving areas. DSA optical amplifiers incorporate interstage dispersion compensation of 10-50 km in 10 km steps to achieve an industry best noise figure. This enables ATX-designed optical links to achieve the highest possible performance.
- Dispersion compensation for 20-50 km of SMF-28 fiber
- Wide optical bandwidth of 1530-1562nm
- Dual redundant load-sharing power supply
- SNMP remote monitoring
- Dual-stage EDFA with dispersion compensation to cancel the effects of chromatic dispersion in SMF-28 single mode fiber enabling error-free transmission over greater distances especially when combined with the Chromadigm series of multi-wavelength full spectrum transmitters. Dispersion compensation is available for 20, 30, 40, and 50 km of SMF-28 fiber
- Chassis is equipped to support 2 modular power supply modules working in a load share configuration with the option of a universal AC or -48 VDC powering for high network reliability
- Status monitoring is provided through a local craft interface, CLI and SNMP-based Element Management Systems