GigaNode Universal Access Node
ATX’s next-generation universal node is a forward-looking, futureproof solution that enables MSOs to fully capitalize on the capabilities of Distributed Access Architecture (DAA) and digital technologies, while seamlessly accommodating future technologies and architectures as they become available.
The GigaNode™ GN3000 delivers superior power dissipation. Its built-in support for future spectrum expansion to 3GHz and higher empowers MSOs to address near-term requirements for Remote PHY Device (RPD) or Remote MAC-PHY Device (RMD) applications, as well as provides a roadmap for future and simultaneous support of additional DAA applications, including DOCSIS® 4.0, Extended Spectrum DOCSIS® (ESD), Remote OLT, wireless backhaul and Internet of Things (IoT). The unit’s new and environmentally-hardened housing ensures that MSOs are able to realize the unfettered evolution of their networks without the need to replace expensive outside plant equipment for the next several years.
- Futureproof Protection: The GigaNode GN3000 is designed to seamlessly support the introduction of new technologies and architectures, enabling operators to evolve their infrastructures in lock-step with market demands and without wholesale equipment replacements.
- Supports Bandwidth Increases: With support for DOCSIS® 4.0 and ESD, the GigaNode GN3000 is designed to support future bandwidth increases, enabling operators to extend the life of their outside plants by decades without replacing critical access technology.
- Reduces Operational Costs: Modular design and support for in-field upgrades enables MSOs to reduce costs associated with maintenance and technology upgrades.
- Multipurpose: The universal nature of the GigaNode GN3000 enables support for multiple functions and services, such as PON, WiFi, edge-compute and 5G, in a single node, enabling MSOs to reduce the number of nodes at the edge of their networks.
- Multivendor: Alignment with industry standards offers the potential for MSOs to apply a best-of-breed approach to the adoption of new technologies and architectures for the edge of their networks.
GigaNode GN3000 Features
- Final housing mechanicals to be aligned with SCTE Generic Access Platform (GAP) standard
- Universal lid to be aligned with SCTE GAP standard for support of third-party modules
- Separate AC/RF entry module
- Supports 3GHz passband
- Removable without removing hardline coax connectors
- Passes power I/O of all ports with modules removed for centralized power topologies
- Innovative seizure mechanism and 5-to-3GHz power choke
- Individual RF modules per port or 2/4 port RF tray
- Supports DPD and FDX
- 200W power dissipation
- Supports high-power devices, CBRS radio, edge-compute, PON OLT, multiple RPD/RMDs
- Power supply efficiency of 90%
Standardize node housings that allow various modules to be snapped in like Lego bricks.Learn More
SCTE-ISBE 2018 summary of Generic Access Platform with Charter CommunicationsLearn More
From an operational perspective, this evolving SCTE/ISBE standard — called the Generic Access Platform (GAP) — could make a ton of sense for cable operators.Learn More