GigaXtend GMC Amplifier Accessories
The ATX GigaXtend™ GMC Series amplifier accessories are plug-in devices common to all Cisco or ATX GainMaker System Amplifiers and Line Extenders. They are typically field-installed in accordance with system design.
Forward Cable Equalizers
- Forward cable equalizers produce a tilted frequency response opposite of that produced by coaxial cable. They are normally used during station balancing to counteract the tilt produced by coaxial cable, in order to achieve the desired output tilt.
Forward Linear Equalizers
- Forward linear equalizers produce linear tilt. A linear equalizer should be used in the plug-in input or interstage equalizer location if a node output tilt does not have the desired station output tilt.
- Forward inverse equalizers produce cable equivalent tilt. An inverse equalizer is normally used in place of a forward input equalizer during station balancing when an amplifier is short spaced to achieve the desired output tilt.
- Reverse equalizers produce a tilted frequency response opposite of that produced by coaxial cables. They are normally used during station balancing to counteract the tilt produced by coaxial cables, in order to achieve desired tilt.
- Signal directors are used in High Gain Dual system amplifiers only. One signal director is required per amplifier to route and/or split forward RF signal to the Auxiliary output port(s). The signal director is available in splitter, DC-8, or DC-12 configurations for splitting the Auxiliary path signal to feed both Auxiliary ports, or as a jumper for routing all signals to a selected port.
- A plug-in system trim may be used to counter the frequency response effects of some passive devices in the coaxial plant.
- Plug-in pads produce flat (even) loss across the forward and reverse frequency spectrums. Pads are used during station balancing to adjust signal levels as needed.