GigaXtend 204MHz Digital Return Transmitter Module (GS7000 Compatible)
A critical component of the ATX 204MHz Digital Return System, the GigaXtend™ 204MHz Digital Return Transmitter Module is located within the Cisco® GS7000 Node and uses standard 10Gbps Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP+) transceivers for enhanced flexibility.
The transmitter module converts each signal to a baseband digital data stream and combines the signals into a serial data stream using time-division multiplexing (TDM). The baseband data stream is then converted to an optical signal for transmission to the headend or hub. The double- wide (2:1) transmitter modules occupy two transmitter slots.
- High-performance digital reverse technology
- Standard 10-Gigabit Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP+) transceivers provide flexible inventory management
- Long-reach transmission capabilities that eliminate the need for optical amplifiers, reducing cost and space requirements
- Capability to send 80 individual 5-204MHz reverse signals over a single fiber
- Support for independent balancing of reverse traffic at receiver RF ports
- Simplified setup that reduces installation time and expertise requirements
- Distance- and temperature-independent link performance that simplifies engineering and maintenance requirements
- Space-saving, high-density deployment in Prisma XD chassis to increase deployment cost- efficiency
- Optional monitoring of node and transmitter parameters available at the receiver