MD16: Satellite Gateway
ATX’s MD16 is an ultra-compact “headend in a box” for the secure delivery of cable, satellite, and IPTV content to MDUs, headend in the sky (HITS), and hospitality video clients. Offering the performance, functionality, and broadcast-approved security features of a traditional multi-rack headend within a compact 5-RU form factor, the high-density MD16 decodes, decrypts, re-encrypts, and rebroadcasts content in IP, QAM, or analog NTSC output, while providing end-to-end content protection from uplink to the TV. Scaling from a few channels to 96 transponders of video content, the MD16 platform offers the highest density available on the market, the lowest cost per HD channel, and an unmatched feature set.
- High Density – Up to 96 transponders of video content in an ultra-compact form factor.
- Low Cost of Ownership – Full headend functionality in a single low-cost unit that consumes 25% less power than comparably equipped systems.
- Security – Output can be scrambled using DRM- or CASbased encryption, with formats such as LG PRO:IDIOM®, Samsung LYNK®, and Verimatrix VCAS™ supported. Content is scrambled until displayed by the TV.
- Ease of Use – Front-facing connectors, top-accessible fans, and front-panel Ethernet connectivity make installation and maintenance quick and easy, while a built-in 96-channel stacking switch (CSS) simplifies connection to satellite dishes. Easy-to-read LEDs provide immediate notification of issues with the unit, while a built-in, intuitive web interface provides the convenience of remote management.
- Reliability – Redundant power supplies implement load sharing to reduce wear and ensure continued operation, while the wandering-master architecture of the unit’s hot-swappable modular cards allows quick switch over in the event of a failure. An internal multi-Gb Ethernet switching fabric enables nonblocking, seamless packet transfers between cards.
- Flexibility – Create digital and analog cable TV and IPTV signals to supply to different clients at the same time.
- Compact 5-RU form factor
- End-to-end content protection from uplink to the TV
- 12 slots for multiple satellite, QAM, ATSC, DBV-T/T2 or ISDB-T input cards
- Each card features eight tuners to either descramble one TV service or pass through a complete transponder or carrier
- Optional transcoder module for format conversions of eight streams per blade
- Four slots for QAM and NTSC output cards
- The QAM output card is available with 16, 48 or 96 channels (72, 144 or 288 services)
- The NTSC output card provides 24 RF analog channels
- DVB-T and ISDB-T output card now available
- Output is free-to-air or scrambled using either DRM or CAS-based encryption
- Supports multiple encryption formats, including LG PRO:IDIOM®, Samsung LYNK®, and Verimatrix VCAS™
- Fully secure platform
- Front-facing connectors and top-accessible fans
- Built-in 96-channel stacking switch (CSS)
- Remote management via a built-in, intuitive web interface
- Redundant power supplies
- Hot-swappable modular cards with a wandering-master architecture
- Internal multi-Gb Ethernet switching fabric
- Low power consumption
Dig into the details of the ATX MD16 Satellite Gateway, including benefits, features, and specifications.Learn More
Discover how ATX’s MD16 Satellite Gateway can put the profit back in your commercial video business.Learn More
Futureproof design enables service providers to protect past investments and maintain a competitive edge by seamlessly accommodating technology changes and channel-count increases.Learn More