GigaWave: Digital Link Amplifier – HUB (DLA-HUB)
The GigaWave Digital Link Amplifier-HUB (DLA-HUB) is a field-hardened, gain-flattened EDFA platform optimized for digital optical transport in long-distance multi-wavelength applications for cable operators, telecom companies, utilities and other service providers. A critical design feature of ATX’s DLA-HUB is mid-stage dispersion compensation that delivers extended reach and improved performance compared to pre- or post-dispersion compensation modules (DCMs). It is designed for pedestal, street cabinet, underground vault or aerial strand mounting.
The GigaWave DLA-HUB, along with the GigaWave Digital Link Extender (DLX) multi-wavelength digital optical transport platform, form the core of ATX’s Long-Reach Digital Optical Transport Solution.
In addition to long-reach transport applications, the ATX DLA-HUB platform supports multiple use cases:
- Hub eliminations
- Node segmentation
- Distribution networks
- FTTX networks
- Close the Digital Divide by cost-effectively extending the reach of your network to deliver broadband services to unserved and underserved communities.
- Pursue government-funded broadband initiatives through a technology foundation that overcomes historical barriers to serving far-flung service areas.
- Support a variety of configuration and deployment options, including add/drop capabilities, to enable cable operators to maximize the utility of their optical networks in low-density service areas.
- Reduce operational cost and complexity through superior dispersion compensation technology that enables cable operators to extend their optical networks using fewer amplifiers.
- Expand your broadband footprint and help to offset declines in video services by reaching new communities with innovative and profitable services.
- Wide range of EDFA modules optimized for digital optical transport, 10+Gbps SFP+,FTTX and PON
- Low noise figure
- Multiple gain options with an optimal output power
- Inter-stage dispersion compensation, offering optimal link budget
- SNMP remote status monitoring
- Excellent gain flatness for multi-wavelength digital applications over the entire power range
- Field-hardened, strand, pedestal or wall mounting
- 10 single-, five double- or three triple width modules
- Redundant powering
- Integrated controller card for status monitoring